This Policy is applicable to Viscon Concrete Construction Pty Ltd (Viscon)
Viscon is committed to protecting the privacy of personal information and complying with the Australian Privacy Principles contained in the Privacy Act 1988 and the Privacy Amendment (Enhancing Privacy Protection) Act 2012.
individual from which their identity is apparent, or can reasonably be ascertained. An
individual’s name and address are examples of personal information.
The type of personal information that Viscon collects will depend upon the relationship and dealings the relevant individual.
- Individuals as purchasers or potential purchasers;
- job applicants;
- individuals as contractors
- individual investors; (i.e. due diligence information); and
- other individuals who may come into contact with Viscon
Viscon only collects personal information necessary for our functions and activities.
Viscon will not collect personal information in an unfair, unlawful or unreasonably intrusive manner. The types of personal information collected may include, but is not limited to:
- information that identifies the individual (for example, name, address, contact details, date of birth);
- information about the individual’s financial position; and
- information about the individual that is required or authorised by law.
The Privacy Act imposes restrictions on collecting sensitive personal information (this includes information about religious views, ethnicity, political opinions, personal health information). Viscon generally does not collect sensitive personal information about an individual. However, Viscon may collect some sensitive information if it is necessary to allow Viscon to deal with the individual and the individual has provided their consent. In any case, Viscon will take reasonable steps to ensure the individual is aware of the purposes for which the information is collected.
Use and Disclosure of Personal Information
Viscon will use and disclose personal information for purposes related to why the information was collected, or where the individual has consented to its use or disclosure.
Personal information may be shared between companies within the Viscon group. In those cases, the purpose for which the information was originally collected will be taken into account.
Viscon may otherwise use or disclose personal information where required or authorised to do so by law, which may include emergency situations and assisting in law enforcement.
Viscon may also use or disclose the information collected for any other related purpose for which the individual would reasonably expect it to be used.
In general, Viscon uses personal information for the following purposes:
- providing products or services that have been requested;
- communicating with individuals;
- providing ongoing information about Viscon products and services to individuals that Viscon believes may be interested;
- complying with regulatory and legal obligations; and
- recruiting of employees and contractors.
External parties may be given access to personal information held by Viscon in certain circumstances. These include, but are not limited to:
- Viscon’s contractors and service providers who assist Viscon in the operation of its business or to provide a customer service
- the Australian Securities and Investments Commission and to other government agencies as agreed to or required by law; and
- anyone authorised by a provider of personal information.
Viscon limits the information disclosed to external parties to what is required for them to perform their services for Viscon or the relevant individual, or what is required by law.
Applying for employment at Viscon
Viscon collects personal information from individuals who submit applications or register interest for employment with Viscon. If the application is unsuccessful, Viscon may retain the information in case a more appropriate opportunity becomes available. The unsuccessful applicant may contact firstname.lastname@example.org to request Viscon to not hold the information.
Viscon takes reasonable steps to ensure the personal information it collects, uses and discloses is accurate, complete and up-to-date. Viscon also takes reasonable steps to prevent the personal information it holds from being misused or lost and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. This protection applies in relation to information stored in both electronic and hard copy form. If any individual wishes to access or correct any information that Viscon hold’s then they are also encouraged to contact email@example.com.
Data transmission over the telecommunications system or the Internet cannot be guaranteed to be totally secure.